Living Land Farm Harvest Newsletter week 1 of 18 — June 14th
Kohlrabi – purple or green bulbs- can be eaten raw, (grated in coleslaw or salad), pickled or cooked.
This is the first share box for full share members and “odd week” half share members.
The weekly news will be posted to the farm website www.livinglandfarm.com and quick updates to Facebook – so be sure to like us. The newsletter will include a brief update on happenings on the farm and the anticipated harvest.
- Remember to exchange your empty share box for the full one on your assigned pick up date.
- Should you have any questions and send a text include your name. (507)720-5364
- At each pick-up site there will be an “EXTRAS BOX – TAKE or TRADE” feel free to take produce left in the extras box or trade produce if you choose to.
Head lettuce, spring salad mix, spinach, kale, rainbow chard, dill, cilantro, radishes, and kohlrabi
Storage and possible uses…
- Rinse the greens as you use them. Store is an airtight container of your choice.
- The salad mix and spinach will keep in the bag provided.
- If you will be using the radishes and kohlrabi several days after delivery remove the tops prior to storing them.
- The herbs can be stored with stems in an inch of water in the fridge or on your countertop at room temperature. Or without water in a container of your choice in the fridge.
- Make yourself fresh salads, sandwiches or wraps and enjoy the fresh produce!