Living Land Farm Weekly News June 22, 2015 Week 2 of 18
Greetings CSA Members!
This is the first share box for “even week” half share members! Happy Soltice (yesterday) – summer is officially here and the heat yesterday was definitely felt while working in the field.
Remember to like us on Facebook for updates and the weekly news on the farm website www.livinglandfarm.com
Happenings on the farm… our farm cat had four kittens on Tuesday and they seem to be adapting well. The second fence is about 90% complete and will keep the deer out from feasting in the back field. We have been busy weeding and weeding more to keep up with the thistle.
- Remember to exchange your empty share box for the full one on your assigned pick up date.
- Should you have any questions and send a text to (507)720-5364 (include your name).
- At each pick-up site there will be an “EXTRAS BOX – TAKE or TRADE” feel free to take produce left in the extras box or trade produce if you choose to.
Head lettuce, spring salad mix, spinach, kale, rainbow chard, dill, cilantro, radishes, and kohlrabi
Storage and possible uses…
- Rinse the greens as you use them. Store is an airtight container of your choice.
- The salad mix and spinach will keep in the bag provided.
- Remove the green tops from the radishes and kohlrabi prior to storing them.
- Make yourself fresh salads, sandwiches or wraps.
In our kitchen:
Kohlrabi and radish coleslaw, cilantro radish curried albacore tuna salad, scrambled eggs with finely chopped spinach, Rice served on a bed of finely chopped de-stemmed chard or kale.